Being able to find someone you click with so naturally is the best feeling ever. You feel like you’ve been best friends your whole life, it feels like you’re coming home. You’re so comfortable with them. Maybe that’s what a soulmate is. Not someone who shares every single thing in common with you, but someone who feels like home.
Haha I don’t know how wonderful my advice will be, given I just got out of a relationship. What I can tell you is that a good relationship will last if you have trust, communication, and compromise. Boys are oblivious. They need things to be spelled out for them, otherwise they will never catch on. He trusts not only that you will be faithful to him, but that you will speak your mind when you need to. If he is complaining so much to the point where it’s a make or break for you, tell him. Be blunt if you need to. — Tired or sleepy? Rest. Stop staying up so late playing video games or whatever. Get a coffee. Wake yourself up. Hungry? Eat! Girls are not meant to be a guy’s slave that if he complains, you’re supposed to get up and do something about it. He needs to learn how to grow up and be responsible for himself. Complaining doesn’t do anything. This is helping him mold into man that can take care himself and maybe a future family. See? You’re looking out for him!— The more he does this and you just lay back and listen, you’re going to end up feeling more resentful day by day. Just holding it in, collecting and nurturing every annoying thing he does until one day you go off on him and he will feel ambushed. Of course, don’t nitpick at everything he does. Pick your battles. So after you’ve talked, this is where you compromise. It’s not like he’s not allowed to complain ever; everyone does it. He just needs to complain less and understand that you want what’s best for him. There are problems much worse than being a little tired and hungry. We are fortunate enough to have things like a bed and food at our fingertips unlike others. If he doesn’t want to change and you are just soo fed up, this is something you really need to consider. Is it something you can live with or is it such a bad trait that you absolutely don’t want to be near it? It’s up to you, but like I said, pick your battles.
Personally, I am not the type to hook up or have flings. I want my relationship to be meaningful and actually lead to something more than just another name on the list. Of course, you’re going to have to do some trial-and-error, but if you’re serious about this relationship, you need to ask yourself whether you see a future with them or not. Not just if you can imagine their face in it, but if you can see yourself marrying them. It’s either you break up or marry them right? If you don’t care for looking that far into the future, nevermind. If you want to know if your relationship is worth it…here are some factors that might help the process:
- Notice how he/she treats their family. That’s how they will eventually treat you.
-How are they treating you now? You shouldn’t have to feel under appreciated or insecure. Pulling out a chair, opening doors, small notes, hand picked flowers, spontaneous adventures… these go a looong way. Let’s be honest, chivalry is rare these days.
- Does your family get along with him/her? Do they accept them? Will they every accept them?
- Are they ambitious? Are they working towards a successful career? I know money shouldn’t be a factor, but it honestly is. You want to live comfortably, not paycheck to paycheck. Remember, you will have more mouths to feed than just your own.
- His/her personality. Is it something you’re dealing with and hoping to change or you actually get along with it? Don’t try to change them… You’re supposed to be growing, evolving,and adapting together.
- They need to do something for special occasions. Like birthdays, Christmas, Valentine’s, anniversaries, etc. Sounds obvious, but if you’re going out of your way to do something extravagant for them, and in return you get just a card, or a “happy birthday text”, or even have to plan your own events… no. Just no.
- Cheating = no. Never. Bye bye forever.
There are many more factors you should be considering, but I don’t want to make this into a knock off of an ehow article lol. Kind of already is though. I hope these help you decide whether your relationship is worth continuing though. It’s not that I want people to break up… I just want them to be with who they’re meant to be with.
Hahahah. Obviously I have a lot of pent up frustration! Hope this helped.
No, don’t worry about it. Just a part of the past now.
I hope everything works out for you. If you ever need someone to talk to, I’m all ears (: Whoever you are lol.
this is the sort of web content i am looking to see every day